Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Racisim In Unexpected Places

Thank you to my readers who continue to share their thoughts. I don't know how many will be able to find me since my old blog was shut down but I hope they do. If you didn't follow the saga I will recap it briefly. I got a couple of warnings from "The Man" because apparently I was getting too close to the truth. Let that be a warning to you - the white man will let you speak but only to a point. After my warnings I went in today only to find out that I my account was closed and my documents erased. I am desperately trying to get the truth back up but they picked a good day to shut me down. There is a lot to cover today and I am going to try to put up some of my old stuff that I still have copies of. Thanks to AnaMarie, Tony and Turk for sending me there stuff too.

One quick point about Blogspot. I don't know if this is done on purpose but it stood out to me. When I went to choose the layout for my blog I noticed all the nice white templates and then I noticed the name on the ONE black template. It appears someone couldn't be forced to call it "Proud and Black" or "Black Strength" or even something neutral like "Black Power". Instead, they had to call the black template "Minima Black". I am not making this up. Cheyenne says I find racism everywhere and you know - I do. And do you know why - because it's there. I don't think this is blatant but it is one of those examples that is just part of the culture and it takes someone like me to dig it out and expose it.

OK...back on track. I'll be posting old stuff for the next little while but I won't be able to back too far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Racism isn't there because you found it. It was only there because you were looking for it and wanted to find it.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Oh! Awesome! The only people who will get the joke on this are the ones who have actually set up a blogger blog, and have discovered that there is also a WHITE minima layout.

Nicely done! *chortles with glee*